Restoration of damaged pipes from 1880 instrument
Updated: Jul 25
The mangled pipes, above, come from a two-manual Forster and Andrews organ built in 1893 for a church in Scotland and recently installed in a Roman Catholic church in Leeds.
They had been damaged and badly repaired over the years and were brought to us for restoration by David Wood of Wood Organ Builders of Huddersfield.
George Fowler, who has a remarkable history for the skilful restoration of flue and reed organ pipes, carried out the repairs, below.